Sunday, October 2, 2011

About Me, Why I'm Here, and What I want to do.

About Me
I'm not professionally trained in any aspect of my passions as it relates to this blog. I'm just a woman with a deep passion for food. Growing up in the South with a huge Southern family I learned to cook and cook big. Two parents, three siblings  with tons of friends; on my mother's side, two grandparents, eight aunts and uncles  each having at least four children a piece there was always something cooking.  My father was in the Air Force and travelled the world and he ate as he travelled. My mother had ther remarkable ability to recreate any of the exotic recipes he ate while abroad simply by listening to his description. I may be southern but this isn't the food blog you're expecting.  I love the comfort food of my roots baked mac and cheese, collard greens, gumbo, cabbage with turnips, venison, fresh sea food but I also love the flavor and spices of Asia, Italy, Spain, and Morocco; even more so I love how other cultures use the elements of culinary roots in their own ways. Again I'm not a professional just someone who loves food.
Why I’m Here
 I love being in the kitchen, going back to my childhood and upbringing in general so much of who I am has been shaped by the events that have taken place there. My fondest and most cherished memories of my granny often start with the vision of her leaning at the kitchen sink and evolve from there. The kitchen for me is a place of peace, meditation and relaxation; there is something therapeutic in the repetitive action of chopping an onion after a long day. I'm obsessed with photo documenting my food, for the better part of more years than I’ll admit to under the pretense that I'm going to do something with those pictures one day... Today is day I put those pictures and videos to use; so here we go!
What I want to accomplish
This is more than just food. It’s about a celebration of expression, showing love and affection and creating an atmosphere. It is often said that you eat with your eyes before your ever taste it, with that being said some of the ugliest things taste the most amazing; so I rely on the statement of not judging a book by its cover; but a little presentation never hurt anything. My meals are great for one, a date night, or a dinner party; in each one of the detail descriptions I'll share with you my ideas of how to serve them for a date night or a dinner party, as well as recommend the perfect drink to go with it.

Thanks for joining me on my journey 

No comments:

Post a Comment